We are excited to announce that firmware version 16 for Kite 2 is now available through over-the-air (OTA) update!
The update can be installed free of charge through the Yinbei app.
What's New In Version 16
- Battery life increased by ~36%. You can see the extended battery life in Yinbei v.2.7.1 for Android. If you are using an iPhone, the battery life is still extended but it will only be visible after a future app update.
- A more smooth and comfortable listening experience thanks to countless tweaks to our algorithms.
- Optimised how Kite 2 handles volume adjustments based on 20,000+ hearing profiles so that more users can find their most comfortable setting. Your preferred volume setting after updating might be slightly different from before.
- For those who use Kite 2 without Personalised Sound, the volume controls will now cycle through the most common hearing profiles observed in senior citizens. However, we still strongly recommend completing a hearing test in the Yinbei app to hear more clearly with Personalised Sound.
How to Install Version 16
To get the most out of your Kite smart personal sound amplifier, we recommend that you install OTA updates once they become available. You will be notified within the Yinbei app when a new OTA update is released.
RequirementsYou will need the following to install OTA updates:
- Kite smart personal sound amplifier with at least 30% battery remaining;
- The smartphone to which your Kite device is paired;
- An internet connection; and
- 5-10 minutes (you will not be able to use the phone for other purposes during the update).
Step 1: Establish a Bluetooth connection between Kite and Yinbei.
Step 2: Check if there is a prompt stating there is a new update available.
Step 3: Download and install the update by selecting “Update” and following the instructions within Yinbei.
During the update…
- … keep Kite and the smartphone within close proximity to each other;
- … do not power off Kite;
- … do not exit the Yinbei app and do not navigate away from the update page within Yinbei;
- … do not power off your phone;
- … do not disable the Bluetooth setting on your phone; and
- … do not disable the internet connection.
Q: I did not receive a prompt for installing the firmware update?
Reason 1: The most recent firmware version is already installed on Kite.
Solution 1: No action needed – stay tuned for future updates!
Reason 2: No internet connection.
Solution 2: Ensure that your phone has an active internet connection and restart Yinbei.
Q: The update was unsuccessful or interrupted?
Solution: Restart Kite and Yinbei to resume or retry the update.